2. I don't know of anything that has ever brought me as much peace as watching a puppy sleep.
3. I don't like fish because of the texture. Weird slippery strangeness.
4. I hate it when people are late.
5. Work is getting more and more busy, and I'm so happy in my job.
6. The hardest meat to remove from my diet is chicken. I never noticed how much I ate it everywhere until I started looking more carefully at the meat I eat. And to be honest, I'm not sure if I'll let it go. But I like how aware I am. And it's amazing to me how many foods I used to crave no longer interest me. Mostly greasy foods.
7. I've never had a hairstyle I'm really happy with, so my hair spends most days in a ponytail.
8. I love the smell of cigars.
9. No matter how much I read about protein, I still have no idea how to get more with eating fish or living solely on spinach and almonds. Tofu, yes, got it, but what else? I know lots of foods that have a little bit (CHEESE), but I need the protein bomb, so I can eat it every day and then go back to my ice cream in peace.
Speaking of tofu, last night I mixed pre-cubed tofu (new favorite thing) with one of my favorite easy comforting dinner meals: pesto noodles! I sauteed the tofu in all the Italian-related spices I had in my cabinet.
Then I followed my usual recipe: cook bowtie noodles (whole-wheat), dump in a bowl with a tablespoon of pesto, a few hearty shakes of parmesan, and stir. The tofu was a crunchy Italian-flavored addition that I will definitely use again!
10. Under the label of things just happen to me: last night, we decided on a whim to walk to Del Ray to get ice cream. There's a place in Del Ray that makes doggie ice cream treats - The Dairy Godmother - and also some pretty delicious human ice cream. As we're sitting outside, enjoying our treats, a cameraman and an extra smiley man came up and asked us about what Graham was eating. Suddenly he's asking me questions and taping. I don't like being on TV, I feel like the toothless momma standing on her front steps talking about how big the twister was. But here you go anyhow.
This might be the final lesson: SHOWER MORE OFTEN.
That's all for today. I'm hoping to see quite a few of you tomorrow night - run back and get me, eh? I'll be the sweaty one with the jiggling stomach that's trying not to vomit. Have a great weekend, everyone!