(Excuse the crappy cell phone pic, I had a bottle of wine in my purse, so no room for a camera.)
1. Showering? Completely optional. Although I did have a quick one last night because sweaty post-threshold test bike crotch plus hair that hadn't been washed in, erm, 3? days might have been toe-ing the "good first impression" line.
Who wants to eat sitting across from this?
Wait, we do!
2. You can empty and empty...and EMPTY the breadbasket.
3. The conversation basically goes: races, boys, trainers, injuries, coaches (I mis-typed "crotches" instead of "coaches" when I first wrote that, but pretty sure that was in there as well), boys, pizza, race weight, boys, pacing, speedwork, cheese, beer, long runs, bread, boys.
4. Impressing the waiter by ordering half the menu (large pizza, thanks! oh, make it 2!) and then probably horrifying him by eating it all.
5. You don't need make-up. Or shiny shoes. Or dry hair. Or pants without giant holes in the crotch.
6. When you demonstrate the noise you make at the end of a 10K, no one is terrified.
7. You can come home from dinner and eat a giant bowl of ice cream and crow about it via social networking. Guilt? Bah!
A lovely night with 2 lovely ladies!
UPDATE: I open Google Reader 10 seconds after posting to discover a near-identical post from Emily. Next time I'm definitely not showering.